Pediatric Dentistry Associates, LLC,
is a leading pediatric dental specialty
practice with offices located in
New Haven and Madison,
Oral health is a vital part of your child’s
overall health and well-being, and we’re
here to help every step of the way.
Our staff is committed to making each
child's dental visit a pleasant and
comfortable one. We understand the
importance of establishing good preventive
care early in a child’s life.
Our mission is to provide you and your child the foundation for a lifetime of healthy smiles.
We strive to make this new journey a fun and rewarding experience for you and your child.
Your child’s path to optimal dental
health starts here.
Click this link to read what our very own Dr. Keck says about the importance of pediatric dentistry:
Affordable Care Act Information
As of 12-4-2013
Subject to Revision
Pediatric dental care is one of the ten essential health benefits under the ACA up to (not including) age 19 (mandatory coverage in all plans).
When you are reviewing your employer’s plan or considering buying a medical plan in Connecticut, the following are some helpful questions to ask when looking at the included dental plan portion:
1. Will your children be able to see the dentist you want them to see?
2. What is the monthly cost for dental coverage vs. the deductible? Is the plan “carved out” or “embedded”?
3. Is there an annual limit to what the plan will pay for your child’s coverage? Is there a limit to out of pocket costs?
4. How much of the cost does the plan cover for routine visits that may include dental cleanings, sealants, x-rays, and fluoride treatments.
5. How much of the cost does the plan cover for fillings, oral surgery (such as extractions), and braces.
6. Is there a waiting period before the plan covers certain care.
7. How does the plan treat referrals to dentists who are specialists?
8. Does treatment need to be preauthorized?
9. Does dental plan provide out-of-network benefits?
Connecticut offers three health plans under the ACA:
1. Healthy CT, embedded dental plan through Delta Dental of NJ, we participate with Delta Premier*
2. Anthem, “carved out” dental plan through Anthem Dental Prime, we participate*
3. ConnectiCare, embedded Benecare, we are exploring participation*
*If your dental plan is embedded in your medical plan (we have found that most employer-sponsored plans are designed this way), ***you will pay in full at the time of service for all visits until you meet your medical deductible***, as well as any copays after the deductible is met. If your dental plan is carved out there may still be copays due at the time of the service.
STATE STREET DETOUR DIRECTIONS